About Me

I've been working with kids ever since I left Uni. My goal is to become a teacher one day but not quite yet. I feel I have a lot to learn and the outdoors is the environment to learn from. Many people have become detached from nature and the outdoors and I want to immerse myself into nature to learn from it and then pass on what I've learnt to others.

Wednesday 17 August 2011

Walk and Talk and....

I went on another walk and talk today to help out with the tea making for the W.I (you'd think they could do it themselves, lazy). I had everything set out for them by the river and joined them on their walk, but the weather was against us. Tea and coffees were relocated to the house so I had to set everything out again and making the teas and coffees. (I know it doesn't sound much but the house staff aren't the most helpful). We carried on with the walk which another Steve leads and has done all the research for and got the funding to provide these free walks. Unfortunately he did slip up a little in front of a large group of old women. He was discussing one of the previous owners of the Sharpham Estate, Philemon Pownoll, and talked about how he captained a ship, HMS Favourite, and commandeered a Spanish treasure ship during the 7 years war. Instead of saying 'He searched her contents' he said something else unrepeatable. How he got away with it, I don't know but I struggled to hold in the laughing.

I'm really hoping I get to work with the kids tomorrow. Apparently they were all upset I wasn't there today. They kept asking 'Where's Super Steve!!' Tomorrow night they're all camping so I'm probably going to join them.

1 comment:

  1. Super Steve! awesome. Make sure you save me some jam!

    ReplyDelete