About Me

I've been working with kids ever since I left Uni. My goal is to become a teacher one day but not quite yet. I feel I have a lot to learn and the outdoors is the environment to learn from. Many people have become detached from nature and the outdoors and I want to immerse myself into nature to learn from it and then pass on what I've learnt to others.

Friday 12 August 2011

Tired!

It's coming to the end of the first week (I have to work tonight and tomorrow morning), and I'm shattered. Today has been hard work. Spent the morning using hedge trimmers to cut brambles, nettles and grass to make path ways to tree saplings. We have a ground of monks coming in next week to look after the trees by putting mulch around the bases. Hedge trimmers get very heavy after using them for about 3 hours and lugging them up and down hills and over gates.

After the hard graft in the fields I went up to work on a small farm for adults with learning difficulties. It's a fantastic scheme to get these people into the outdoors, growing their own veg and looking after the live stock. They're a pleasure to work along side too. They give great banter and always wanting to chat. I'll be working with them every week hopefully. One of them you can't say the words overalls or bus as he'll get over excited!!

No comments:

Post a Comment