About Me

I've been working with kids ever since I left Uni. My goal is to become a teacher one day but not quite yet. I feel I have a lot to learn and the outdoors is the environment to learn from. Many people have become detached from nature and the outdoors and I want to immerse myself into nature to learn from it and then pass on what I've learnt to others.

Wednesday 10 August 2011

Can't have asked for a nicer day

Today's been perfect. I worked with some volunteers from a mental health care home building a large compost site today. The guys were great and could have such a laugh with them. I was gutted when I had to leave that little project to go on a 'walk and talk around Sharpham House and some of the grounds. I was tagged on to a group of old people who'd booked to go on this talk so I can learn some of the history too. The history of Sharpham is amazing and the guide was brilliant. Even the old people were great to chat to. They organise trips like this every week and also go on 5 mile hikes on the last Friday of every month. I met some amazing people today and loved every story they told me.
I cooked my first meal for the group today, lasagna. And I've not cooked in about 2 years. Everyone seemed to really like it and I was well chuffed. I'm feeling so happy inside at the mo.

No comments:

Post a Comment