About Me

I've been working with kids ever since I left Uni. My goal is to become a teacher one day but not quite yet. I feel I have a lot to learn and the outdoors is the environment to learn from. Many people have become detached from nature and the outdoors and I want to immerse myself into nature to learn from it and then pass on what I've learnt to others.

Tuesday 9 August 2011

I miss Croydon so much

Despite all the crap which is going on around the country at he moment, I'm having a great time down here. I spent the day today on a Mental Health First Aid course down in Plymouth today. Was a very interesting course which taught me a huge amount. (I missed the first day but will still get a certificate to say I did it!!).

My arm and knuckles have swollen up quite badly from the stupid horse fly bites. Instead of separate knuckles I have one single one. My elbow stretches from half way up my forearm to about 5cm above the elbow. I'm looking around this hippy town for a magic potion to make it feel better. I do feel like I'm walking round with Quasimodo on my hand.

Tomorrow I'll be working with a volunteer group to build a giant compost bin. Should be fun meeting some of the volunteers.

The scenery here is stunning. When I get round to taking lots of photos I'll up load them so you can see how stunning it is. I've seen a deer, lots of buzzards and swallows, loads of bats (some very rare but the Sharpham Estate pretty much has all the native species). Can't wait to go exploring to find plenty more. The mornings are still very light so will hopefully do some running in the mornings which should get me round the site.

No comments:

Post a Comment