About Me

I've been working with kids ever since I left Uni. My goal is to become a teacher one day but not quite yet. I feel I have a lot to learn and the outdoors is the environment to learn from. Many people have become detached from nature and the outdoors and I want to immerse myself into nature to learn from it and then pass on what I've learnt to others.

Monday 8 August 2011

Home Sweet Home

For those of you that don't know, this is a yurt!. My bunk is the top one. I've had my first night in it and was surprisingly comfortable. Despite being woken at 4,5 and 6 by the rooster. I'm hoping to get my hands round it's neck fairly soon.
Just finished my first day at work. Spent the morning in the allotment doing some weeding, then went fruit picking for jam making on Thursday. (I'll save a jar for those that want to try it). We then spent a few hours with a hedge trimmer and a strimmer to try and cut a path way to get to some trees. I've been stung by stinging nettles, cut up by brambles and bitten by bloody horse flies. I suppose I'll just have to get used to it.

1 comment:

  1. I told you, chickens in the morning are not fun. Kill it soon.

    ReplyDelete